- In a large pan, fry the diced chorizo and ground meat until lightly browned.
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the spices or commercial brand chili seasoning, and stir well.
- Transfer the preparation into a slow cooker, large pot or casserole dish, add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, broth, brown sugar and chili sauce, and simmer covered on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir the chili occasionally and keep it heated in the slow cooker or on minimum/low on the stove or in the oven. Add the red kidney beans 10 minutes before serving.
- At the very end, add the lime juice. Adjust the seasoning.
Serve with tortilla chips or bread, with the toppings of your choice.