COOKING TIME :
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Fantino and Mondello Diced Mild Salciccia
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 radicchio*, chopped
- 1 package (142 g) baby kale**
- 2 pears, julienned
- 1 cup roasted pecans
- Parmesan shavings, to taste (optional)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium heat. Fry the diced Salciccia for 3 to 5 minutes or until it is golden and crispy. Drain the oil and set it aside in a bowl. Set the diced Salciccia aside.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil, the cider vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard to the oil set aside in Step 1. Season with salt and pepper and stir well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the radicchio, kale, pears, pecans and a few spoons of the vinaigrette. Stir well to coat the ingredients. Add more vinaigrette as needed. Garnish with the diced Salciccia and parmesan shavings, sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.
*Radicchio can be found at most supermarkets. It can be replaced with 2 endives.
** It is also possible to use regular kale. Baby kale has more tender leaves