COOKING TIME :
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) raisins
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) pine nuts, roasted
- 1 red pepper, grilled, peeled and diced (see note)
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cider vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Italian parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Kaiser buns
- 4 slices provolone
- 10 slices Fantino & Mondello Mild peppers Salami
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the raisins and pine nuts together for 2 minutes, while stirring. Add the diced peppers, chili pepper, cider vinegar and honey. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes while stirring. Remove from the heat and add the Italian parsley. Sprinkle with pepper and set aside.
- Slice the buns in half horizontally. Spread each base the pepper and raisin pepper. Add the slices of provolone and salami. Close the sandwiches and serve immediately.
If you would prefer not to roast the red peppers (under the broiler or on the barbecue), substitute with store-bought red peppers.