24 mini or 12 regular
COOKING TIME :
- 24 mini vol-au-vent pastry shells
- 2 whole tomatoes
- 1 bag (175 g) of Fantino&Mondello Diced Cooked Pancetta with Black Pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- To taste olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 juice from 1 lemon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) shallot, chopped
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) fresh goat cheese
- To taste hot sauce (Tabasco-style)
- To taste fresh-ground salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Brown the Diced Pancetta in the olive oil with the halved garlic. Remove from the heat, let cool and remove the garlic.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and hollow them out with a knife so that only the outer flesh remains. Dice.
- Lightly season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, add the shallots, a few drops of hot sauce and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to make tomato salsa.
- Combine the Diced Pancetta with Black Pepper with the tomato salsa. Add the parsley and mix in half the goat cheese.
- Remove the inside from the vol-au-vent shells and set aside for the garnish.
- Place the tomato and goat cheese pancetta inside each pastry shell and crumble the other half of the goat cheese over the top*.
*Note: The stuffed mini vol-au-vent shells can be prepared in advance. Stop at this step and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
- Place the stuffed mini vol-au-vent shells on a baking sheet and cook for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serving suggestion: top the pastries with the flaky insides removed from the vol-au-vent shells (optional).
DISCOVER SOME PRODUCT TIPS AND TRICKS
SEETIPS & TRICKS