COOKING TIME :
- 2 cups of all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 11/2 cup of chilled unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices Italian style Capicollo for breakfast Fantino&Mondello cut into chunks (around 4 slices total)
- 1 tbsp of fresh oregano
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F) and place the oven rack in the centre. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Use a pastry knife to incorporate the butter until the texture resembles small peas. Add the buttermilk, parmesan, ham and oregano. Mix together quickly by hand to form a dough ball without overworking the dough.
- On a floured surface, use a rolling pin to spread the dough until it resembles a disk with a 23 cm (9 in) diameter. Use a round cookie cutter with a 8 cm (3 in) diameter to form discs. Use a spatula to transfer the dough discs onto the baking sheet, spacing them apart.
- Pour the buttermilk into a small bowl.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the scones with buttermilk. Bake in the oven for approximately 18 minutes or until golden. Cool on a rack for a few minutes before serving.
The oregano can be replaced with another herb of your choice: basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.
DISCOVER SOME PRODUCT TIPS AND TRICKS
SEETIPS & TRICKS